Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Politic is weird!

It has been a long time since I had updated this blog. Just got time to do it, with the server being down all the time. So, I had to spend some time in the computer room doing this. Today, in particular, I don't feel like doing any lab work. It is one of those days that you just want to be left on your own todo anything but lab work. I really have a few minor tasks to complete today and it won't take much time, but the mood is not there. The horoscope for today says -don't ignore your responsibilities no matter what-well, I am just not into it so here I am in fron of the computer, decided to write up in my blog. Was struggling to get it with the password and username not matching. It took me like 10 minutes and a few more minutes to fill up the -I FORGOT MY PASSWORD- form to realize that I have typed the username as .google.com and not as .gmail. com. Nothing's wrong with my password though and finally I got through. I am in a good mood to write a lot of stuffs, was a bit worried that I may have very little time to everything in my mind to words. I have been trashing myself for the pass two days to prepare MSO media for segregation analysis. The first attempt failed as the 6 bottles of media have not been autocalved well with the agar still visible at the bottom. It has not dissolved. So, I prepared another three and all should have turned out well except the fact that the macro was N6D and not MS-big mistke as the media did not solidify and stayed in liquid form- the color was yellowish instead of trasnparent. Dumped it into the decon bin and prepared again another three, this time with MS macro.checked the autocalve machine after two hours -only to discover that the bottles have not been autocalved. A power trip occured somewhere right after I had started the autocalve machine and it caused the machine to stop functioning. Luckily, the next person whom is just about to autoclave had agreed to autoclave my stuffs together. I was really frustated but kay since here I am, happily typing away and not doing any work at all.

Air-con broke down two weeks ago in the lab, the room is like a furnace. With the machines operating as usual, it is hot and sweaty in the room. I noticed that I feel tired easily in the room, sleepy and short -tempered. Anyhow, I will usually force myself to work, ignoring the heat- today, can't take it anymore. Not entering the room until it is 5 pm so that I can just pick my bag and leave.

No comments: